HikingON.com ~Experience Hiking in ONtario~
Nature places to explore
Clicking any of these links will take you to another web site. Check this page regularly for new additions. Have a nature place to share? e-mail Suzy (hikersuzy @ gmail.com)
In general, municipalities have both free and for-a-fee nature areas. The following links include information on free areas.
Consider volunteering for, donating to, or becoming a member/friend of any of these organizations that maintain nature properties for free public use. Have an organization to suggest? e-mail Suzy
- Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority. Conservation land, Mac Johnson Wildlife Area (Brockville), is a year-round, no-fee area.
- Cataraqui Trail is a no-fee, year-round, 103 km shared-use trail (Smiths Falls to Greater Napanee).
- Grand River Conservation Authority helps support numerous free trails in their area (Cambridge).
- Great Lakes Waterfront Trail helps support trails along the shores of the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence River (Ontario). See places. Download maps.
- Rideau Valley Conservation Authority maintains six no-fee, year-round, conservation areas (Rideau Lakes, Tay Valley, and Ottawa areas).
- Seaton Trail, Friends of (Pickering), maintain a 13 km historic trail.
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, maintains Rouge National Urban [Wilderness] Park, a no-fee, year-round park. Note: during winter, trails are not maintained.
- Trans Canada Trail AKA The Great Trail supports local trail development across Canada.
Have a water link to share? e-mail Suzy
Home | Top of Page | Municipalities | Nature Organizations | Water, Bodies of | e-mail Suzy